**Honest Blogger Found Here: #spon: I’m required to disclose a relationship between our site and Hillshire. This could include Hillshire providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment. *
It’s baseball season. That means we are sitting at a ball field five to six nights a week for two months straight…that doesn’t even count the pro or minor league games we like to attend for fun. For those of you who are baseball parents, I can already feel you nodding your head, like, “oh my gosh, YES! I get it.” Time is a cherish commodity in which no baseball family wants to waste. That little bit of time between washing gear, scrubbing cleats and making sure the chair is in the trunk of the car? Yeah, you need that. The LAST thing you want to do is spend all of it in the kitchen trying to provide some extensive meal to keep your active family running.
Now, I’m all about meal planning and healthy eating. However, times like these require dinners that are a little quicker and not so involved (and can be eaten off of a paper plate in the car.) When I’m in quite the rush, I tend to lean towards one pan meals. One of my family’s favorites is Ballpark Rice. You know when you are at a baseball game and you walk past that food vendor grilling up sausages with onions and all you can think about is slathering that dog with ketchup, mustard and onion? Well, that’s what this dish is! All your favorite flavors in one pan. Normally, I would use ground beef or chicken but to get that real ballpark feel, you can use Hillshire Farm smoked sausage. Because it’s already cooked, you save even more time getting the food from pan to table. Need more sausage recipe ideas? Go HERE.
- Hillshire Farm smoked sausage is crafted to be better. Their experts have perfected the pre-seasoning of the smoked sausage over the last 75 years.
- Hillshire Farm smoked sausage is cleaner and easier to work with than chicken.
- Hillshire Farm smoked sausage is a quick and easy solution for weeknight dinner.
Now, grab a quick bite and PLAY BALL!
- 1 pkg Hillshire Farm smoked sausage, sliced
- 1¾ c. water
- ⅔ c. Ketchup
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 t. Yellow Mustard
- 2 c. Instant Brown Rice
- 1 c. shredded cheese
- Brown sausage and onion in large skillet. Add water, ketchup and mustard. Bring to boil. Stir in rice. Sprinkle with cheese; cover. Cook on low heat for 5 minutes. Serve with pickles on the side.