High Impression, Little Work: Roasted Garlic Bulbs

If you already happen to follow me on Instagram (itstonis), you probably know  I pretty much love to make anything food related, regardless of the skill level. Really. I’m not afraid of anything (except maybe having to cleave through a carcass or do something with organ meats.)  Although, I must confess that I LOVE making foods that take very little effort but give really high impression value. For example, I recently made home made ricotta cheese. Oh, the oohs and aahs I got with that one. In all reality, aside from boiling, waiting, straining and more waiting, it didn’t take much skill at all. Although, making “cheese” has an amazingly high impression value. And FYI, that ricotta was TO DIE FOR. Double bonus.

Another food I love to make is oven roasted garlic bulbs. See how lovely it looks? Not your typical appetizer, but people LOVE it…including me. I can eat the whole damn bulb in one sitting. Dragon breath, anyone? Roasted garlic bulbs are super versatile too! Once cooked, the garlic cloves become so soft they are spreadable. It’s wonderful on crackers, baguette slices or bread sticks. You can eat it as a plain spread or top the garlic with goat cheese, cream cheese or even the above-mentioned ricotta. If you need all the garlic out of the paper casing at once, turn it upside down and squeeze. The garlic will just fall out. From there, you can put on white pizza, use in sauces/gravies or mix into mayonnaise for kicked up sandwich sauces. Opposed to raw or toasted garlic, roasted garlic is way more mellow and almost has a sweetness that everyone enjoys. Garlic is cheap but you can imagine what you would pay for an appetizer like this at a nice restaurant. Gourmet…all in your own kitchen…with very little work!

Roasted bulb of garlic with homemade bread sticks and grilled jalapenos

Roasted Garlic Bulbs
Author:
Recipe type: Appetizer

Ingredients
  • Organic Bulbs of Garlic
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Sea Salt
  • Fresh Cracked Pepper
Instructions
  1. Slice off the top of each garlic bulb, low enough that you can see the actual cloves.
  2. Place in the center of a good square of aluminum foil.
  3. Drizzle EVOO over the top.
  4. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
  5. Cinch up foil over the top, like a little purse.
  6. Bake for an hour at 350 or put on the grill while you're grilling other items.
Notes
If you are making these for a good number of people, account for one small bulb per person or one large bulb for two. They go very quickly.

12 Responses to High Impression, Little Work: Roasted Garlic Bulbs
  1. google
    August 22, 2014 | 1:32 PM

My partner and I stumbled over here coming from a different website and thought I might as well check things out.
    I like what I see so now i am following you.

Look forward to finding out about your web page again.

2. android tablet review
    August 27, 2014 | 6:30 AM

Heya this is kind of of off topic but I was wanting to know if blogs use
    WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.
    I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding know-how so I wanted
    to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!

3. unlock phone software
    September 1, 2014 | 7:03 PM

If you want to increase your know-how just keep visiting this site and be updated with the newest news update posted here.

4. internet marketing strategies blog
    September 4, 2014 | 5:31 PM

Your style is so unique in comparison to other people I’ve
    read stuff from. I appreciate you for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I will just bookmark this web site.

5. Ninja Company LLC
    September 9, 2014 | 6:23 AM

The olive oil decomposes under the extreme heat causing free radicals and other dangerous molecules to replace the natural antioxidants.
    Using tongs, turn links every 2-3 minutes to assure even cooking and browning.
    Part of the outfit of a chef is the apron and torchon. Some
    mistakes just mean that the food you cook just isn’t going to taste pretty great, when other people could potentially mean a trip towards the hospital, or a visit from your
    claims representative on your home insurance policy.

6. Kraig
    September 15, 2014 | 9:29 PM

The Box Office does accepts cash, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express and checks, where the
    scalpers only take your cash and never have change. You can get a
    good amount of money that would take away all your worries.

Seasons in India The country has four chief climatic seasons – winters,
    summers, spring and autumn.

7. glosator tłumacz estoński
    September 22, 2014 | 3:48 AM

Thanks for another informative site. Where else may just I am getting that kind of info written in such an ideal way?
    I’ve a venture that I’m simply now running on, and I have been at the glance out for such info.

8. นาฬิกาข้อมือ
    October 1, 2014 | 3:23 PM

If some one desires to be updated with most recent technologies
    then he must be visit this site and be up to date every day.

9. Youtube Music
    October 2, 2014 | 10:05 PM

I was suggested this blog by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody
    else know such detailed about my problem. You are amazing!
    Thanks!

10. Barrett
    November 27, 2014 | 6:31 AM

For the last 4 months I have been searching online for
    blogs with stories on table soccer soundtracks and stumbled on “High Impression, Little Work: Roasted Garlic Bulbs”.
    Thanks for posting this helpful entry. I must say this is the most
    helpful web page I have came across that had any real information on this.
    I really wanted to write thanks this post was exactly what I needed to
    see.

11. moviestarplanet hack v3
    December 6, 2014 | 5:00 PM

Early Movie Star Planet Game presented with the option to choose between one of the
    three famous female celebrities. It’s the eighth and last movie in the series based on the Love Arrives Softly novels by Janette Oke.
    This can’t be accomplished if you haven’t saved your
    game in multiple places.

12. นาฬิกาข้อมือ
    February 23, 2015 | 2:58 AM

I do consider all of the concepts you have offered to your post.
    They’re really convincing and can certainly work.
    Nonetheless, the posts are very brief for beginners.
    Could you please extend them a bit from subsequent time? Thanks for the post.