*Honest Blogger Found Here: #spon: I’m required to disclose a relationship between our site and Sara Lee. This could include the Sara Lee providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment.Opinions are solely mine. Disclosure Policy HERE.*
Eleven days until the official start of Summer and we are already thinking about cool, summertime desserts. With the announcement of a local berry farming picking the first strawberries of the season, my mind has been reeling with ideas of strawberry based recipes. Since we already enjoyed the “Deconstructed” Strawberry Shortcake, it was time to go more rich with a chocolate-coffee flair. Therefore, I created this Strawberry Hazelnut Tiramisu. If you don’t have champagne glasses, no worries. The dessert can be made in any sort of glass vessel; I thought the tall glasses were appealing.
Being a baker, I’m typically an advocate of making entire recipes from scratch. However, I know not everyone has the time (or know-how) to whip up a sponge or pound cake. To make things easy and quick, I used a Sara Lee frozen pound cake. A quick thaw, slice-n-dice and I was ready to go! Easy to make and fun to enjoy!
- 1 small Sara Lee Pound Cake
- 1 c. Espresso or Strong Coffee
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese or Marscapone, softened
- 8 oz. Heavy Whipping Cream
- ¾ c. Powdered Sugar
- ¼ c. Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- 1 t. Vanilla
- Fresh Strawberries
- Dark or Milk Chocolate Bar for garnish
- In a stand mixer, whip the cream cheese or marscapone until smooth.
- Add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, chocolate hazelnut spread and vanilla. Whip until thick and airy. Spoon into a tipped pastry bag to make filling easy.
- Thaw, slice and dice the pound cake. (size of dice depends on serving vessel) Pour the coffee onto a plate and VERY QUICKLY drop in the pound cake pieces and remove. This should take about a half of a second, otherwise they will absorb too much coffee and turn to mush.
- Slice enough strawberries to fit into your serving vessels. I used two for each champagne glass.
- To assemble, pipe cream filling into a glass, layer with pound cake and strawberries, top with more cream filling. Garnish with sliced berries and grated chocolate. Refrigerate.
- These are best made a day ahead of time.