Apricot Jalapeno Preserves
Author: Toni Snearly at Food. (Just Sayin')
- ½ c. Jalapeno peppers, remove stems & seeds
- 1 Habanero pepper, cut slits into the pepper but leave whole
- 1 large Red Bell Pepper, remove stem and seeds
- 2 cups Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 pkgs (or 3 c.) Dried Apricots, chopped
- 6 c. Cane Sugar
- 3 oz. pkg. Liquid Pectin
- In a blender, chop jalapenos, red bell pepper and vinegar until consistent sized chunks remain.
- In a large kettle, add jalapeno mixture, habanero pepper, apricots, and sugar. Bring to a boil and boil rapidly for 5 minutes (a boil that you cannot stir down.)
- Remove from heat and skim foam, if any forms. Remove habanero and discard.
- Let cool for several minutes and then stir in pectin.
- Pour into sterilized jelly jars, seal and water bath for 10 minutes.
Recipe by Food. (Just Sayin') at http://www.foodjustsayin.com/2014/09/reinventsnacking-thelaughingcow/